Monday 24 December 2012

My Little Vintage Tree

I decided to make my own tabletop mini Christmas tree this year as a fun crafting project...using thrifted items of course. Here it is Christmas Eve, and I have finally undertaken this project. Yup, if it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done (wink).

I used as the foundation two styrofoam bases purchased for pennies at two different church rummage sales I attended in the fall, and several mini wooden ornaments for a couple of dollars from the thrift. The only thing I purchased new was the silver tinsel trim and Martha craft glue.


I think this is called a disc arranger


Vintage vials of glitter (ooh!) and a bottle of craft glue from Winners.


I spread the craft glue  (akin to Podge It) on the top surface of the styrofoam disc arranger. I like how the glitter reminds me of old vintage Mica glitter on Christmas ornaments.

The photos below are taken before the base was finished.



Lotsa wooden ornaments this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment