Sunday 30 December 2012

A few of my favourite things from the Thrift Store

Looking back on my year of thrifting, a few favourites stand out (but let's face it, everything vintage from the thrifts was splendid and stood out in its own way). On with my super favourites then!


A vintage German log chalet thermometer. The two figures swivel depending on the air pressure I believe. Not sure if that function still works, though. The trees and the box window flowers are adorable. It was $1.46 (!) at St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store.



Found my first piece of Pink Gooseberry Pyrex, it's so pretty.
Round Casserole, for only 99 cents at Value Village!


 
My year of firsts....I also got my première Snowflake Aqua Space Saver ? Casserole at VV.
It was in very good condition and the lid was included as well. It was $5.99 (swell!) but
I ended up paying less because I had my 30 percent stamp card! Yay!


I love the pink and aqua together. They have a certain je ne sais quoi about them with the pastel background and the white design.



An Arabia of Finland Strawberry Creamer. I love anything with strawberries on them, so it was
a bonus to find them on a Arabia piece. It is in excellent condition. And the price was "sweet" as well... $1.99 at VV. That store has been very good to me!



Paired up with an Arabia Plum jam pot with lid that I found a few years ago
at a church rummage sale.



A vintage goldtone family tree with round ornate picture holders. The backing material is
 red velvet. $1.99 at VV.
 
Looking forward to another great year!
 
Happy New Year!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment