Saturday 17 March 2012

Hard to Pass up Buttons

Yesterday I visited the SA shop. On the way to the SA shop is a quilting fabric store (which has gorgeous handmade quilts in their window). Yesterday a shop sign outside was advertising "Vintage and Antique Button Exhibit". How could I not stop in?

Inside were all sorts of buttons for sale by a button maker and collector. Button cards, filled with antique glass, metal, celluloid, and bone buttons. There were some vintage French easter buttons that were adorable! The buttons were gorgeous and priced accordingly. However, there was available for purchase, a tub full of regular vintage buttons, two scoops for a dollar, the scoop being a medium sized shot glass.

Cute baggie of buttons


The catch was that you were not able to individually pick the buttons, basically it was a "blind scoop". However, I did manage to move the buttons around a bit in the bin before "fishing".

I didn't do too badly

I did pretty well I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment