Sunday 27 November 2011

Handmade for the Holidays

Well, as stated in my first post, I also enjoy crafting in addition to finding vintage items. I keep tins and tins of vintage sewing buttons that I find bagged at the thrift store for me to play with.

One of my favourite things to make with vintage buttons are magnets. There is such a variety of button shapes, colours and the magnets can be bought very cheaply.


I found these cute owl buttons not at the thrift, but at the art supply store, which sells besides art supplies, lots of scrapbooking tools such as punches, paper, stickers, embellishments etc.

I cut the shanks off the back with a sharp pair of scissors, which was fairly easy, as the plastic was fairly soft. I them glued them to some buttons from my stash using E6000 glue, which is great for adhereing just about anything.

The owls are adorable! The magnets are available in my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment